Rules and Regulations
of the II Crimean Open Documentary Films Festival
«CrimeaDoc» - 2019
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1. Crimean Open Documentary Films Festival «CrimeaDoc» – 2019 (hereinafter – Festival) is a permanent cultural project of the Republic of Crimea, held annually in accordance with the program of the Festival.
The Festival will be hold in May 11 – 15, 2019 in Simferopol.
1.2 The Festival program is approved by the Organizing Committee of the Festival (hereinafter – the Organizing Committee).
1.3 The Festival is founded by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Crimea.
1.4 The State-financed Institution of the Republic of Crimea «Crimean Centre for Films and Media» is the Festival organizer with the support of the Documentary Films’Association and Crimean Branch of the All-Russian Union of Cinematographers.
1.5 The Festival has the status of an Open and invites to participation in it cinematographers from different countries, regardless of their legal status, who share the goals and objectives of the Festival.
- AIM AND GOALS
2.1 The goal of the Festival is the popularization and promotion of the documentary films as the effective factor for the development of Crimean cinematography and enhancement of the role documentary in the extension of the multicultural relations.
2.2 The tasks of the Festival are:
- raising the role of national cinema in developing international relations in the sphere of culture;
- Encouragement and promoting of the creative achievements in documentary;
- attracting to documentary films people of different ages and nationalities;
- creating favorable conditions for acquainting the audience with the best works of Russian and world documentary;
- creating the conditions for creative communications between the filmmakers and audience, in first line, young people.
- FESTIVAL ORGANIZERS
3.1 The supreme Body of the Festival is the Organizing Committee under.
3.2 The members of the Organizing Committee and its Regulations are approved by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Crimea.
3.3. The State-financed Institution of the Republic of Crimea «Crimean Centre for Films and Media» is entrusted with duties of the Festival Management. It coordinates the organizational, financial, technical, informational and other assistance to all Festival activities.
- FESTIVAL PROGRAM
4.1 The Festival Program consists of two parts – Main Competition and Out-of-competition screenings.
4.1.1 The Main Competition consists of:
- Documentary films about Crimea (history, culture, events, persons) that are produced in any country, short (but not shorter than 7 min) and full-length, made 2017 – 2018 (10 films in program);
- Documentary premières in Crimea (the first screening of the film in Crimea) that are produced in any country, short (but not shorter than 7 min) and full-length, made after May 2018 (15 films in program);
- Amateur’ Debuts (films that are produced by non-professional filmmakers – students, young people; 15 films in program)
4.1.2. Out-of-competition screenings
- Retrospective screenings;
- The best films from the Russian Film Festivals 2018.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
5.1. Those wishing to participate in Competition should submit an application form to the Festival management from January 23 to April 5, 2019.
The Selection Board will select films for according to links on-line.
5.2 The ultimate decision of the Selection Board concerning each submitted film will be sent prior to the date of the official press conference (16.04.2019).
5.3. The program of film screenings at the Festival is determined by the Management. During the Festival, each film will be screened not more than 5 times including press screenings.
5.4. World and international premieres are preferred for competition programs.
5.7. For screenings are accepted films on mp4 of HD quality. Films on DCP are preferable.
5.8. Screening film’ copies for the Festival competitions should be submitted in the language of the original and in case, when the original language is not Russian, should have Russian subtitles.
5.9 All necessary for Festival Catalogue materials: 2-3 prints of the films, director’s photo, and promotional materials of the film, trailer and information about film crew should be received by the Festival management by April 15, 2019.
5.10 All the conditions and deadlines specified by the Terms and Conditions are mandatory. Otherwise the Festival Management is entitled to exclude the film from the festival program.
5.11 Every participant will receive the letter with the terms of participation at the Festival by April 15, 2019.
5.12. Festival Management do not pay the films owners for screeningы on the Festival.
- FESTIVAL JURY
6.1. The Festival Jury consists of five persons.
6.2. Individuals related to the creation or commercial distribution of films participating in the competition cannot be members of the Jury.
6.3. Festival Management covers all the expenses of each Jury member during the Festival as well as travel expenses to the Festival and back.
- PARTICIPANTS AND GUESTS OF THE FESTIVAL
7.1 Questions related to the invitation of Festival guests and participants, the duration and conditions of their stay and accreditation are the domain of the Management.
7.2. One person from the film crew (director or producer) will be invited to Festival.
7.3. Representative should participate in all festival events: presentation of the film, press meetings, round table, and other activity.
7.4. The Festival Management covers the following expenses for the invited foreign participants:
- Travel expenses by air from Moscow to the Festival venue and back (Moscow – Simferopol – Moscow),
- Hotel accommodation,
- Food and transfer during the whole period.
7.5. Terms and conditions of other guests’ stay at the Festival are specified in their personal invitations.
7.6. Accreditation for the Festival will be held at the hotel.
8.1 The Jury presents the following statuette awards «CrimeaDoc» to films in the Main Competition
- Grand-Prix – to the best film of all nominations
- The best documentary film
- The best TV documentary
- The best film in the nomination «Films about Crimea»
- The best Amateur’ Debut
- Special Diploma of the Jury (awarded according to the decision of the Jury)
8.3. The Organizing committee and the Management can award the following prizes:
- The audience award «The Crimean’s’ Choice» to the best Film in the competition according to the audience polls results (given to the director of the film);
- Special Prize of the founders of the Festival;
- Other Prizes.
8.4. The Partners and Sponsors of the Festival can award the Festival Films with their special Prizes.
9.5. Prize winners are expected to attend in person the awards ceremony.
- CONCLUDING REMARKS
9.1. Participation in the Festival presupposes compliance with all the articles of the present Regulations.
9.2 Management Address of the II Crimean Open Documentary Films Festival «CrimeaDoc» – 2019
295001, Russian Federation,
37 Krylova Street
Program Director, deputy director of the State-financed Institution of the Republic of Crimea «Crimean Centre for Films and Media».
tel.: +7 916 1139923, +7 978 7510250
Executive Director, deputy director of the State-financed Institution of the Republic of Crimea «Crimean Centre for Films and Media».
tel.: +7 978 7767170
Welcome Service Manager, the head of the film festival and general service department of the State-financed Institution of the Republic of Crimea «Crimean Centre for Films and Media».
tel.: +7 978 7925463